The Student council provides a representative structure through which students can represent the general student body in order to tackle issues of concern and undertake initiatives of benefit to the school and the wider community. It is important that they be given the opportunity to express their views on issues of concern to them in the school.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL:
The purpose of the student council is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organising and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body. It promotes the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents and informs students about any subject that concerns them.
The student council is under the direct advisory of the Student Council Adviser, who will actively support the student group in any educational endeavor as well as other concerns pertaining to personal and academic development in the school.
GENERAL DUTIES OF SBC :
The person who accepts a position signifies a desire to work toward the PTA mission and to serve the EIS community.
STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICER POSITIONS AND ROLES:
1. SBC PRESIDENT:
- Leads all meetingsLeads all meetings
- Gives assistance, guidance, and praise
- Acts as a facilitator during discussion
- Maintains frequent contact with Student Council Adviser and Level Coordinator.
- Works with advisor on all planning
- Participates in student council sponsored activities/events
- Works closely with President
- Assumes President’s duties when needed
- Assists the President in preparing meeting agendas
3. SBC SECRETARY:
- Keeps an account of minutes at every meeting
- Keeps an accurate account of attendance at every meeting
- Helps maintain student council files
- Maintains contact information for people who work with the council
- Is responsible for “Thank You’ cards
4. SBC MEMBERS:
- Keep student body informed of events, concerns and projects
- Obtains approval from the Student Council Adviser for events
- Responsible for communication among the general student body